Location: New Gloucester, Maine
Occupancy: Seating for up to 125 in the barn with option of more relaxed dinners with food trucks or space to put a tent for larger weddings.
Welcome again to my venue highlight series! If you are looking for a place to get married in Maine then this series is for you! As an engaged woman myself, I've spent quite a bit of time researching and seeing what's in the state for wedding venues. That combined with my past 4 years experience as a Maine wedding photographer has left me with quite a bit of knowledge about getting married in Maine. I've decided to help fellow couples out and share what I know about getting married in the pine tree state!
Today I'm going to talk about a wedding barn in New Gloucester Maine called The Coolidge Family Farm. I photographed Mary and Ryan's wedding there last October (here!) and was head over heels (enough to book it for my own wedding in 2019!). Here are some of the reasons I would recommend Coolidge Family Farm to any couple looking for a barn venue.
1. Weddings at Coolidge Family Farm have the ability to host all portions of the day in one place. That means the getting ready, ceremony, and reception portions of your wedding are all within walking distance. This is such a convenient thing that you should consider. Your guests wont have to navigate traffic to get to the reception, you can spend your morning getting ready in the farm house and then walk out to your reception, and then retire for the night in a room attached to your reception space. With all the planning and details that go into planning your day, not having to worry about getting everyone here and there is a big weight off a person's shoulders.
2. The barn, tables and chairs. The barn comes with reclaimed barn wood tables and antique mismatched chairs for up to 125 guests. They make for perfect seating for a rustic barn wedding theme.
3. Misty! The owner and event coordinator at Coolidge Family Farm is Misty Coolidge herself. She was just a joy to work with when I photographed there and I can say first hand that she was a joy to work with during the booking process when Derek and I decided to have our wedding there last month!
4. Rentals options! Misty has also worked hard to turn her venue into a "one stop shop" as she says on her website. She has a variety of details and pieces that you can rent from her (here). Having this option lets you have the details that you dream of at your wedding without having to keep large items on hand for years after or spend a ton of money on them and then have no use for. The jars and china in the images below are both options to rent for your wedding.
5. In addition to having props and details to rent, the following services are also offered through Coolidge Family Farm: Bar Services, notary of the public, and day of coordination. All of these are essential for a smooth wedding day and being able to hire from within your venue is so convenient! They know the place, they know what works and what doesn't and can aid you in the planning process.
If you are looking for a rustic barn wedding venue for your special day you should definitely consider Coolidge Family Farm! I'm glad I did :)