There are countless wonderful moments to capture during a wedding day. There are the BIG ones like the walk down the aisle, the first kiss, and first dance. Some of the more subtle moments of the day have come to be my favorites. Heres a few moments that you might not plan for but happen and they are always lovely.
1. Looking on. For quite of a few of the weddings I photographed last year the bride and her bridesmaids found themselves getting ready in a room with a view of the wedding ceremony site. They were able to watch guests as they arrived. I loved this part of the day each time because I could feel the excitement in the room grow with every arrival of a wedding guest.
2. Are you ready? At some point before the ceremony someone has to say "Ok! It's time". It's a very climatic moment. After all the planning and prepping it's finally time. I love how both Sarah and her sister brought their hands up as if to check their heart beats when a family member poked her head into the room and asked, "Are you ready?"
3. Gift Exchanges. Wether it's the bride and groom exchanging gifts without seeing each other or exchanges between the bride and groom and their parents it's always a very sweet moment
4. Bustling. Bustles can sometimes take a village and the process of bustling is very fun to photograph.
5. The KIDS! I loved noticing the different ways children entertained themselves at the weddings I photographed last season. They created some really sweet moments for me to capture.